Hello my simple foodies,
Today, we bring to you another delicious recipe, Neer Dosa. This is Mangalore’s well-known rice crepes, which go well with any light gravy or dry gravy items.
What ingredients are required for Neer Dosa?
- 2 cup of Dosa Rice
- 1/4 cup of Grated Coconut (Optional)
- Salt & Water (I will not count this as an ingredient per se as we need it for any recipe. Do you?)
How to make Neer Dosa in 2 ingredients?
Step 1 Soak the rice
Keep the dosa rice soaked in water overnight at a 1:2 ratio. The ratio is not really important here, you can keep it even in 1:1.
I usually keep it soaked for a minimum of 5 hours.
Step 2 Grind the rice
- Clear the soaked water.
- Wash the rice.
- Shift to the mixer.
- Add 1/4 cup of the grated coconut.
- Add 1/2 cup of water
- Blend till thin consistent batter.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- If the consistency is thick, add 1/4 cup of water to change the consistency to thin-like watery consistency. (Watery consistency ensures there are holes in the dosa)
Step 3 Fry the batter
- Turn the flame on and let your pan heat up, so it is ready to cook perfect dosas.
- You don’t need to use oil but it’s totally your call. (I like to add 2 tablespoons of oil to a small bowl and a peeled onion cut from both ends to spread the oil around.)
- With a serving ladle, pour-over on the pan. Let it be spread all around the pan.
- Close the lid over the pan and cook for exactly 1 minute on a medium flame.
- Remove the lid, fold the dosa into a triangular shape on the pan.
- Transfer to a clean dry plate. Also, do not stack the dosas over each other if you don’t want them to stick on to each other.
- Repeat till you get the desired pieces of dosas for you, your family, and your friends.
We hope you liked the Neer Dosa Recipe. Do let us know what you think in the comments below.