How many times have you craved for a quick yet healthy snack? I have recently been trying to shed all this covid fat and trust me its not easy when I keep getting hungry. Lucky for me, I know this low calorie recipe which I can prepare in just 5 minutes. So here is the 5 minute Mangalorean Charmuri Recipe. Incase you want to check out other recipes, click here for easy home recipes.
Before we start, let me explain what is Charmuri. Charmuri is a dish made out of Puffed rice, vegetables and spices. This is brimming flavor and is one of the most popular street food dish in Mangalore. Let us get into the recipe.
How to make the 5 minute Mangalorean Charmuri Recipe or the Puffed Rice Recipe?
It is so so easy and trust me, you will be surprised to know that you need the least efforts to make it. It consists of 3 main parts which are highlighted below:-
1. Initial Prep
- Peel, rinse and finely chop 1 small or medium-sized onion.
- Next, rinse and finely chop 1 green chilli.
- Rinse and chop the coriander leaves to get 2 to 3 tablespoons of it.
- Incase you are able to get a hand of some raw mangoes, you can also finely chop 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw unripe green mango.
- Take a carrot and grate it using a fine grater.
2. Roasting the Puffed Rice
- Heat ½ tablespoon coconut oil in a pan or kadai.
- Keep flame to low or medium-low.
- Add 2 cups puffed rice.
- Roasting puffed rice helps in crisping them up and they remain crisp for more time.
- Roast them till light brown.
3. Making the Charmuri
- Take a bowl, add the chopped onions, green chilies, grated carrots and 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
- Add spices like Garam masala, chilly powder, a small pinch of turmeric powder .
- Sprinkle some salt over it.
- Squeeze in very little lemon juice over it.This will help the salt to dissolve.
- Finely add the Puffed rice and mix it thoroughly.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Give a gentle stir and Voila, there it is.
So, there you have it. Easy and quick Mangalorean Charmuri Recipe in just 5 minutes.
Subscribe to Blog via Email for latest posts, news and tips.
By submitting your information, you’re giving us permission to email you. You may unsubscribe at any time.