Hello my readers! Today, we bring to you another authentic traditional Indian recipe. The mangosteen fruit gives a flavorful twist to the chicken. So, here is how to make chicken kokum recipe.
- Fresh kokum peels (mangosteen fruit peels)
- Turmeric powder
- Dried red chilly
- Coriander seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil
Method of Preparation
- Marinate the chicken with a paste made out of fresh kokum peels, a little salt, and turmeric powder for 1 hour.
- Dry roast the red chillies(8to10), coriander seeds(1tsp), cumin seeds(1/2 tsp), fenugreek seeds(1/4 tsp), 5 garlic cloves and half a medium sized onion.
- Add the roasted ingredients into a blender and make a smooth masala by adding water.
- Take a vessel and add some oil (coconut oil) to it. Once the oil is heated, add 1 finely chopped onion and fry till golden , then add curry leaves and add the marinated chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked well, add the masala.
- Add salt to taste.
- Finally garnish the curry with coriander leaves.
And there you have it! Delicious Kokum inspired chicken dish! Bon appetit! If you have tried this recipe, let us know in the comments below! Also, check out us on Instagram. Click here!
By Thejaswini Lokesh